You can not be serious.
My July 4th holiday was muddled in a hail of confusion and bullsh1t. Crying babies and inane questions had me pushed to my limits. I was about to channel my inner Michael Douglas from 'Falling Down' and go postal on some folks. I seriously needed a drink but I feared that alcohol would bring out the postman in me and I would not be able to 'Blame it on the A A AA cohol' (as if I had not heard that enough).
And then ... The calm came. Woo-sah!!!!!! Breathe in through the nose and force it out. Man, the rush of oxygen to the bloodstream was great, I felt renewed. Only to see the latest high yella brother on CNN report that former Chocolate City mayor Marion Barry had been arrested for stalking by Park Police in the city that loved him so much that they elected him multiple times, even after he was the subject of a DEA raid with a crack whore and pipe in hand. The Humanity.
Initially, I felt as though America's Mayor was being set up. A victim of harassment and the political assassination that has plagued him before. I was hot. I could not wait to blast a few of his critics for this unnecessary kick to the groin of a man who had suffered way more than his share for being a vessel for public service. But, something told me to wait. Don't fall victim to the haste of your younger days. Don't shoot then aim. I am glad I did.
Apparently, the City Paper has covered the entire fiasco and the reporter was basically spoon fed all the information it needed by Barrys' ex-girlfriends ex-husband.
Now if anybody associated in any story are too exes removed ... it's a setup. I don't care if it is a ex-poolboys ex-dopeman ... it's a setup. My mother told me at a young age that if any of my excuses involved more the two other people that I would suffer a beating regardless of how good the story was.
The City Paper included the desperate attempt of a former crackhead to rid himself of the object in which he so fiended (sic) via phone messages:
- “I’m gone. I’m not gonna think about it anymore. I’m not gonna worry about it like I used to, not gonna pray about it, not gonna do nothing....You don’t even exist. Goodbye, good luck, God bless you.”
- “Wake up, Donna. Come down here and enjoy yourself. Let’s meet and try to resolve this thing. You don’t want to meet? I’m gone.You won’t hear from me again.”
- “I’m getting ready to leave the situation, but call me and we can meet away from your house. I would suggest in a park or something and talk about this....I want to help save your life. So, call me.”
- “Donna, this thing’s gotten outta hand. That’s too bad. I don’t want to continue talking to you about anything and I don’t want to press no charges, I don’t wanna do nothin.’ I just want to be left alone and so you oughtta do the same thing. Don’t call me.”
- “Donna, you don’t have to answer your home phone....Don’t call me back. I will not take a call from you; I’m not gonna call you, so this is it.”
- “Donna, call me....I’d like to apologize and settle this matter. It’s not anybody’s interest to continue.”
- “Call me and let me know what you think ’cause I’m ready to end all this and let it go. I apologize to you. I’m sorry. You know I love you and that after this we gonna go our separate ways and I’ll give up trying to help....Call me.”
- “It’s not in either one of our interests or anybody’s interest to keep this stuff going. I’m prepared...to apologize...And, uh, so call me back. Please. On my cell phone.
- "You put me out in Denver cause I would not suck your d1ck ..."
- "We looked like Ike and Tina Turner fighting in the middle of a Las Vegas casino ..."
So on our nations birthday, MB and his jump off (Ms. Donna Watts-Brighthaupt) planned a trip up the coast a bit to get back their loving ways and trap was set.
Marion refused to apologize to Brighthaupt's ex for having him banned from a CNN screening and so she called the trip off and took him home. But, it was sorta like the crack did to Pookie in New Jack, Barry had to spy on his ex-girl in the park and apparently did not do a good enough job on his camouflage or could not see very well through the lenses of his Bushmaster binoculars. Park police nabbed him and charged him with stalking.
So in my "Take the Wheel, Jesus" moment, I was spared the embarrassment of trying to defend Mr. Barry and came up with a few more precious quotables, all compliment to our illustrious mayoral leader.
MB ... you sent her to the car cause she would not bless the fireman????? HAHAHAHAHA ... Precious Moments.